Working with you
Equasense will work together with you to meet your organisation’s diversity and inclusion goals.
Equasense provides a bespoke service because every organisation’s needs and starting points will be different. To find things that will move you forward, I get to know your organisation through listening to your leaders and your workforce, exploring your data, and reviewing your processes.
The questions I’ll be asking cover 4 main stages:
- Goals: What are your equality, equity, diversity and inclusion goals? How are these influenced by external factors?
- Reality: Are your current strategies or actions working? Do you have the data you need to be able to answer those questions? If not, how might you collect it? Are your employees ready for these conversations?
- Actions: Do you have an action plan that is understandable, acheiveable and resourced? How “onboard” are various levels of your organisation?
- Evaluation and learning: Do you have a way to evaluate your progress? Do you have a habit of reflecting on learning from various initatives?
Once we’ve identified the key challenges, I have a variety of frameworks that we can use to dive deeper into those areas and develop your next steps.
I’ve worked with clients at a range of levels of involvement – from 3 days to review an existing strategy or process, to 18 months to co-create a strategy and action plan from scratch including consultation exercises, process reviews and leadership training.
Consciously Inclusive Leaders™
Leaders are crucial for driving culture change. To lead the change to a diverse and inclusive workplace, leaders need to:
- understand what diversity and inclusion mean for them and the organisation.
- be confident and competent in talking about diversity and inclusion
- role-model the inclusive behaviours that you want to see.
My 12-week programme delivers lasting culture and behaviour change amongst leaders and action plans for them as individuals and for the organisation. I use a mix of group workshops, guided self-reflection exercises and 1-2-1 coaching to raise leaders awareness of key diversity and inclusion concepts and debates, help them grow individual and collective inclusive mindsets and develop the inclusive behaviours and culture that you need.
The programme usually comprises 3 group workshops, provision of organisation and sector specific resources and reflection exercises, and 1+0.5 hours individual coaching (I am an Accredited Coach and trained at Henley Business School).
Workshops can be virtual or F2F, coaching will be virtual. Typical cost for 10 participants £6750
Strategy and Action Consultancy
Frequently requested services include:
- “Critical friend”: reviews of existing Diversity and Inclusion Strategy or a particular process (e.g. recruitment) including detailed written feedback and face to face meeting with leadership team if appropriate.
- Strategy development: including facilitated discussions with leaders and key stakeholders, listening and learning programmes (focus groups, semi-structured interviews, surveys), best practice research and advice).
- Athena Swan Accreditation applications (Higher Education and research institutes): advice on data collection and interpretation, facilitation of focus groups, support with writing the application, feedback on drafts.
However, if you have a different specific diversity and inclusion requirement, please get in touch for a conversation about how I could develop that with, and for you.
Kind words from past clients
Just a quick note of thanks. I hope you enjoyed the visit which was extremely helpful for us in understanding not just how we can further shape our [Athena Swan] submission but also think more broadly around equality issues. Thank you also for taking the time to provide such a detailed analysis of the draft, which again is very helpful.
Prof Michael Young, Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic), University of Sunderland
Thank you very much for your excellent training in helping my leadership team and I be more aware of our unconscious biases. You’ve been brilliant in helping us collectively and individually critically examine our biases and start our adjustments. This will go a long way to help us make our organisations more inclusive.
Brig. P. Rowell, Royal School of Military Engineering.
Other recent clients and projects
Riverford Organic Farmers – Consciously Inclusive Leaders + Listening and learning exercise + action plan development
Beavertown Brewery – Consciously Inclusive Leaders
Royal School of Military Engineers – Consciously Inclusive Leaders
University of Loughborough – EDI strategy review
Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine – EDI strategy review
University of Reading, School of Politics, Economics and International Relations – Athena Swan application
University of London – Athena Swan application